Thursday, August 11, 2011

Why I Feel Powerful Lately

I don't know what it is. For some reason I've just felt powerful lately.



Like there's this energy, this force helping me...

It's coincided with a decision to try something socially drastic (for me anyways). I have determined to no longer be inhibited by social insecurities. No more timidity. No more deep-rooted shyness dogging my every step. Imagine a world where you can simply exist as yourself with whomever you meet. You are just pure indiluted you no matter where you are.

I think I'm getting closer... though I'm still not sure if I've pinpointed it.


(Can you see me grinning? (Trust me, it's there.) I've been grinning since it came in the mail. Happy Graduation!)

Suddenly avenues are opening up for one of the most precious commodities this world has to offer... friends. In order to make friends you have to form acquaintances. And in order to form acquaintances you have to be willing to interact with other people in positive circumstances, without the muffling impact of your tight social bubble that keeps you from ever hearing what goes on outside.

Is that it?


(Thanks and happy partings to the sweet aunt who left us her tv! (she's in Texas now) I turn the volume way down and the speakers are still rumbling through our entire apartment. poooweeer.)

ooooohh. the power.

It's like waking up after years being only half-awake. (My brother went through this same process in Jr. High or Elementary School. I could have saved a lot of time if I'd just made this determination sooner.)

2 comments:

emeidell said...

Haha! I love the post about your sword. Woo-woo!

Nathan Meidell said...

Thanks, Emily. Has it been since August that I've been on here. That's horrible. I'm glad you liked the post. :)